-We cannot give what we do not have-
- Get enough sleep – Taking care of your mind and body will help you to better cope with challenges in life.
- Practice thought awareness and cognitive restructuring – Don’t allow your negative thoughts to get you down, inhibit your progress, and derail your dreams and ambitions. Practice having a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and begin to change the way you think about negative situations and challenges.
- Learn from your mistakes and failures – Significance is not placed on how many times you fall but on how many times you stand back up!
- Choose your response – You may not always have the ability to choose what challenges and situations come your way, but you can choose how you respond to them! Rather than respond with fear, panic and stress, choose to respond with faith, positivity, and strength.
- Develop strong relationships – There is a correlation between resiliency and relationships. The stronger your bond with your coworkers, family and friends, the happier and more stress resistant you are! These strong bonds will put you at ease knowing that you are not alone and that someone has your back!
So I challenge you, spend a relaxing day at the beach, finally try that restaurant you have been wanting to go to for the last month, or just fill your day with absolutely nothing except your favorite book. Whatever you decide to do, do it for you!