Adventist Health Castle Wellness Center Activities
AHC Wellness Events
Visit AHC’s website using the link below to check out the upcoming events and how to register.
The health and well-being of our communities is our top priority. To reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 and in keeping with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local health departments, Adventist Health has canceled most community classes and events until further notice. Thank you for understanding.www.adventisthealth.org
AH Castle Fitness Classes
Happy Spring! We hope that you are able to join us at the end of the month at the Worksite Well-Being Virtual Conference hosted by Blue Zones Hawaii. Our wonderful director, Tracie Ann Tjapkes, will be speaking about the power of connection. The event also features other fun talks about happiness, giving back, and positive thinking. There will also be a cooking class with Down to Earth and a social hour. Read on for more details!
You will be using one link for ALL classes during this one week period. Make sure to press the “Launch Meeting” button. If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser.
Or, you may enter the
Meeting ID: 831 6185 6324
You may “practice” clicking the link before or after class but Cindy won’t be joining you until your scheduled class time.
Please disregard the “Join Live Stream” link in Vagaro until we communicate the issue has been resolved.
Wellness Tip of the Week
Foods to Avoid For Clearer Skin:
1. Milk and dairy products
2. Foods with a high glycemic index such as refined grains, sugary cereals, chips, cookies, white bread, alcohol, sugary beverages, and foods with added sugars
Foods to Eat for Clearer Skin:
1. Fatty fish: contains omega-3 fats which help inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, acne, and skin ulcers.
2. Broccoli: contain sulforaphane which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Soy: contains isoflavones which help promote skin elasticity, pigmentation, and vascularity.
4. Red grapes: contain resveratrol which is also found in red wine. This helps the skin stay moisterized, protects against UV damage, and skin aging. It also helps prevent the development of skin disorders such as skin cancer.
Tuesday, March 30
8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
At this event, you’ll be able to curate your conference experience by joining a few or all of our virtual workshops throughout the day. Join knowledgeable speakers and workshop facilitators who will give you actionable insights and strategies to help identify opportunities in your well-being program at work. You’ll also gain access to on-demand resources for 30 days after our live event. Get the most value from your registration by returning to your favorite session to take additional notes, watch speakers you missed, and download worksite well-being resources to take back to your organization.
To register click here