The mission of the Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience Stroke Prevention Planning Committee is to engage the local community and connect the highest-risk individuals with the necessary specialty care and then offer resources and encouragement to the broader community in order to connect them to a continuum of care that ultimately reduces their risk for stroke. The activities planned have clinical evidence showing that they can help modify behaviors and outcomes that influence the risk of stroke.
- Blood pressure clinics
- Stroke Risk Assessment using evidence based tools
- Self management programs and dispensing of blood pressure monitors for home use
- Carotid ultrasound based on stroke risk assessment scores
- Tobacco cessation programs
- Nutrition classes (DASH diet, MIND diet)
- Biomarker testing (C-reactive protein and other markers related to increased risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease) and intervention to help lower levels
- Glucose testing
Our Neuroscience Center of Excellence is recognized nationally for its work not only in providing most advanced cutting edge treatments, but also work with other centers in US and global to offer groundbreaking Clinical Research.
Clinical Trials Available in Hawaii